TruAdopt is a law firm dedicated exclusively to the legal representation of expectant mothers making an adoption plan. We partner with other adoption attorneys across the country to make sure that each expectant mother is fully supported before, during, and after the adoption.
If you’re pregnant and considering adoption, you should
be asking yourself some very important questions:
- 1Which adoption agency or attorney should I work with?
- 2Do I need to have my own attorney?
- 3How do I choose adoptive parents?
- 4Will the adoptive parents keep in contact with me after the adoption?
To Find Answers to these and Many other Important Questions about Adoption, Download Our Guide Below:
You will find out the
8 Steps to Placing a Baby for Adoption, Including:
- The Importance of Options Education Before Deciding on Adoption
- The Importance of Separate Legal Representation
- How to Find the Right Adoptive Family for Your Baby
- How to Tell if Your Adoption Agency or Attorney is Ethical
- The Five Worst Reasons for Choosing Adoption
- How to Stay in Contact After Your Adoption
- Should Adoption Facilitators Be Avoided?
If you or someone you care about is considering adoption, it's super important that the adoptive family knows the difference between an ethical and an unethical adoption.
An ethical adoption means:
- 1The expectant mother and adoptive parents both have separate attorneys.
- 2The plan for post-adoption contact is clearly communicated and in writing.
- 3The birth mother is given access to excellent post-placement support.
Remember, these are just the basics, so if your attorney or agency hesitates to offer even one of these three things, you should immediately reconsider who you're working with. Sadly, some adoption professionals, including many adoption facilitators, are focused on only making profit instead of providing ethical and compassionate service first and foremost.
A Birth Mother's Perspective...
"I placed my daughter for adoption at birth three years ago. Having TruAdopt represent me gave me a lot more confidence in the process than I would have had otherwise. My attorney answered my questions honestly and made sure I understood options every step along the way. TruAdopt also made sure I had the support I needed after the adoption was over. There is nothing easy about going through an adoption. Choosing the right team of people to help makes all the difference."
TruAdopt will help you find a family you love, make sure you fully understand the adoption process and connect you with the support you need throughout your adoption journey. TruAdopt is the only law firm in the United States dedicated to providing legal representation to expectant mothers. We don't represent adoptive parents, only expectant mothers in California who are making an adoption plan.
But no matter where you live, we can help you:
Our office is located in California but we work with attorneys in all 50 states who can assist you with your adoption.
Reach us via text, phone or email.